Sunday 27 September 2009

Moot Mabon Picnic

What a beautiful day yesterday was! At the last moot meeting I thought it would be nice for som e of us to get together for a lovely mabon picnic and we couldn't have asked for a better day. It was clear blue skies and stunningly warm. The gods were most deffinately kind to us that day! Especially as Friday was rather chilly.

We had the picnic at our local park and the spot we had it in is surrounded by lovely old hawthorne trees. They were there when we moved here and that was, I hte to say, some time ago now, and there were mature then!


It was even nicer because my sister and young nephew also game and he added entertainment to the whole proceedings by chasing or being chased by either myself, my sister or one of our other moot members!


The picnic started at just gone 2pm and we didn't leave until around 6pm. Though my day did start rather badly...My own fault really, should have sorted everything on Friday, but frankly I was having a bad day and really didn't much feel like it. So I spent the mornign baking a Tuna Quiche and Fruit Parcels YUM! But the pastry really didn't want to play! lol I can make my own pastry, but didn't have the time, so I used *gasp* frozen! Rubbish!!! But all worked out in the end...

Back to the picnic...

We chatted, as is the norm with us, about all sorts of things be it pagan or not pagan. We talked about past moots and blots (three of our members are Heathen and I'm an honoury Heathen as I attend some of the blots). And of course my nephew stole our thunder a good number of times! lol

And like with past picnics we left offerings to the spirits/gods as a thank you for the harvest and a good day. I lit some Nag incense and left some fruit and one of my Fruit Parcels and we also left flowers, cakes and more fruit. My nephew (who's non pagan) didn't understand why we were doing this. So I explained to him why, that it was a thank you for the harvest etc and he too wanted to leave and offering and we were all duely impressed as he left a chocolate croissant. I may have had a hard time parting with that! lol

Now I am thinking of possibly a Yule dinner..Think that maybe nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment