Friday 25 September 2009

Chants, Prayers & Blessings - Part one

Here are a few chants I love to use. They are not my own, so I make no claim to them. But please, if you do know of the author, do please let me know. 







We all come from the Goddess



We all come from the maiden, and to her we shall return.
Like a budding flower, blooming in the springtime.


We all come from the mother, and to her we shall return.
Like a grain of wheat falling to the reaper’s scythe.


We all come from the wise one, and to her we shall return.
Like the waning moon, shining on the winters snow.


We all come from the Goddess, and to her we shall return.
Like a drop of rain, flowing to the ocean




At The Alter


This is a time that

Is not a time
In a place that is not a place
On a day that is
Not a day


I stand at the threshold
Between the worlds
Before the veil of
The mysteries


May the Lady and
The Lord help
And protect me
On my magickal
Journey


So Mote It Be!


A Prayer of Oneness



I release my isolation to the Stars
Breathing in the Energy that connects all things
Allowing my body to be caressed by Nature


Filling my lungs with eternal Breath
Filling my senses with the joy of Being Alive
Filling my heart with gratitude for this Moment


Finally allowing my Spirit to soar Free
I am a creation of the Universe
Eternal in my Essence


In time . . . when my life wanes
Returning my body to Star Dust
Held in the body of the Great Goddess
I will again, be the Energy of Life





Thank You For This Day



Thank You for this day on Earth
Ancient Mother who gave me birth
Healing Mother who keeps me strong
Crone Mother who brings each new dawn


Thank You for the gift of being
For blessing me with the wonders of seeing
For the sounds and feeling of laughter
and the wisdom learned through pain


Spirit Mother bless me,
tomorrow with a day again






No comments:

Post a Comment