Wednesday 23 September 2009

Mabon 2009

It has been a while since I last did a full on ritual, on my own! I have had SO much happening in my life the past few years, most of it not very nice as it has involved the loss of a loved ones? And so I found myself feeling lethargic and not feeling like taking too much trouble.

Mabon09 #1
(Alter: The ribbons are attached to my Oak wand. For some reasone I didn't take a picture of this lol!  The pentagle at the back was made from a wood chopping board)

All I have done is make token alters and no real ritual. Nothing of any substance in my opinion. Nothing to make your spin tingle and make you stop amd think! For the past year I have been part of a Heathen group, and think. For the past year I have been part of Heathen eventhugh I am not actually a Heathen. I found myself in this group because I have three very good friends who happen to be Heathen. They could have just as been easily Wicca or Native American. For me the link and being part of a Pagan group was more important, than being part of my "own kind" what ver that bloody means! I've kidded myself, for a while, that it doesn't REALLY matter if I do or do not do a ritual and yet to an extent I think it does matter. I feel I have drifted away from who I am, and that ritual is a part of who we are.

Mabon09 #4
(Alter: to the right of the bowl is my goblet I bought from Steve the Potter at Thornborough and a close up of my pentagle)


My ritual lasted around an hour and took a day to plan, gathering materials and making items of spiritual importance. The preparation, in truth, was part of the ritual. I had the ritual written out before me in black and white, and yet I let it flow in what ever direction it felt it needed to go. I don't cast a circle as my home and garden is already protected from anything that may cause harm, mischievousness and so forth. And so I don't feel any need to do so. It was both moving and powerful and I loved every minute of it. When I started to clear the area I found myself walking, whilst shaking my shaker, deosil in a spiral from the outseid to the centre. It just seemed the right thing to do; and I always believe in going with the flow. When I finished I did the same thing, only widdershins. In both cases I felt very emotional and empowered.


Mabon09 #2
(Alter: Not sure if you can see it. But there's a wood shavings Headgehog poking it's nose out of the basket! My lovely Oak Greenman is sat in front of the basket)


I did all my ritual, with extras and spent much time just thinking. When I'd completed the ritual I invited my parents to come outside and drink some wine and eat bread and giving blessings to the harvest. That was lovely and is something they are more than happy to do. Although they are, in principle, are pagan, they don't do rituals. It's more their belifs and attitudes. It is something they always do for me when I've finished a ritual, no matter how great or small.


Mabon09 #3
(Alter: My beautiful Celtic lady. I use her as a goddess symbol and often place things in her cauldron as offerings. She normally sits on my out side alter, which is hiding under and behind this table alter)


All in all it was a beautiful ritual and I am now going to prepare for Samhain! I don't plan in doing things in small doses again!


May the darkened months be blessed with happiness, good health and prosperity.


Beannachd xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment