Tuesday 9 March 2010

Vikram Bhatt resorts to witchcraft

Bollywood horror film director Vikram Bhatt’s forthcoming film Shaapit incorporates Theban, or the Witches’ Alphabet. It is used in witchcraft to hide magical writing from prying eyes.

For more on this subject click here


The film itself is his third horror, the first two being Raaz and 1920, once again  stars two newcomers,  Aditya Narayan and Shweta Agarwal. Vikram stated in an interview with OneIndia that "Yes, the subject of Shaapit excited me tremendously. Also, I strongly feel that there's a huge market for horror films, which needs to be tapped by film-makers"

With regards to what the story is about, all I have been able to find is  a girl who is trapped in a generational curse, which does not allow her love & marriage and her lover who vows to conquer this curse. That's pretty much it.

I thought I'd add this story because of the witchcraft connection which may only be the Theban txt and nothing more. I#ve not been able to find any more connections than that. But if I do, I will add it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment