Tuesday 29 March 2016

New Tools: Cleansing And Consecrating

                       
 
And when we say 'New' we don't just mean brand new, but new to you!  

It's very wise to cleanse and consecrate any new tools etc you have bought for your craft, be it a wand or a simple knife. We cleanse our tools to remove any unwanted energies and consecrate them to make them ours.

Before consecrating you should first cleanse your  tools. You can simply use sage smoke or moonlight. Some have even used sunlight to cleanse. Others may lay there tools on the Earth or sprinkle with well or spring water. You can also use sound. It needs to be a pure and clean sound such as tingsha bells.

                                                                      
I will often cleanse my tools after I have been doing any spellwork that may have left a negative aftertaste, so to speak, such as maybe banishing work or if you have been doing some major healing doe a serious illness.  And if I feel it is needed I will re consecrate my tools too.

As I said earlier when you gain any new tools etc, you should cleanse and then consecrate them. Here is a good site on consecrating your tools. And even if you have made the tools yourself, consecrating them ties them to you even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment