Wednesday 4 March 2015

Your Full Moon Altar



I thought it might be nice to write a little something on altars. Nothing huge as I have had a long busy day. This also gives me the chance to try a new app on my tablet. So let's see how it goes.

One of the things I did today was purchase some fresh flowers for my altar. I like to put some thought into this and as it's a full moon tomorrow night I decided in simple white tulips.

Now an altar is a very personal thing and nobody should dictate to anyone else how they should decorate. So I shall not be doing that. But I shall share with you how I like to decorate my altar and I shall edit some pics into this blog tomorrow once I have created NY altar.

Now if you are aiming for anything in particular in your ritual such as healing or prosperity you will need to add what you feel is appropriate for your needs. If you need ideas just simply do an search on Google for say 'full moon prosperity altar' and look at images.

By for myself, I shall just give you a brief run down of my basic altar, though I may change my mind on a few things.

As it's the moon in prefer to use appropriate colours such as white and or silver.  So you could have a silver toned or glass goblet, bowls, etc. If not silver then you could use clear uncoloured glass. Cut glass is nice as it sparkles in candlelight, so it's a reflection of the night sky. A glass bowl with floating white candles, also reflecting the moon.

For the cloth you could use plain white cotton, satin or maybe a white cloth with silver thread running through it.Fresh flowers are always nice on an altar, so choose what feels right for you, but make them white. 

Add clear quartz crystals. You could add silver moon jewelry. What ever feels right for you. If  you have Tarot cards, place The Moon card and any other moon pictures on your altar.

As I said at the start, your altar is just that, your altar. So go with what feels right for you. But what ever you do make it special and as personal as possible.

Have a blessed night on Thursday.

Beannachd

~ Pagan Hare

No comments:

Post a Comment